Metro Networks, the largest traffic gathering and reporting operation in America, recently released its list “The Top Ten Worst Traffic Incidents of 2006.” An accident involving two tractor-trailers colliding on I-95 North in Massaponax, VA put the Washington D.C. area in the number 10 spot. The trucks ended up catching fire and damaging the roads so that they had to be repaved. There were major delays on the highway because of the collision.
Other traffic incidents on the list:
1) New York City, New York: A Tomahawk test missile fell onto I-95SB in the Bronx after a tractor trailer overturned last July.
2) San Francisco, California: A meatpacking truck traveling on 101N in San Mateo spilled cow body parts across the freeway.
3) Houston, Texas: A truck fell off the ramp that goes from 610N loop to the US59. The truck dumped frozen chickens onto the freeway.
4) Boston, Massachusetts: A 12-ton concrete ceiling panel from a “Big Dug” tunnel connecting the Massachusetts Turnpike to the Ted Williams Tunnel dropped onto a passing car.
5) Dallas, Texas: A big rig carrying oil refinery equipment smacked into an overhead bridge on northbound Loop 12 at the Highway 183 interchange next to Texas Stadium.
6) Detroit, Michigan: Two semis crashed into each other in Monroe on Northbound I-75. The semis caught on fire, and the flames spread across the freeway involving approximately six cars and four more semis.
7) Chicago, Illinois: Construction on Chicago Skyway, I-80/94, and the Dan Ryan Expressway created traffic delays for commuters.
8) Atlanta, Georgia: A collision involving a tractor-trailer and two cars during the morning commute resulted in the death of two people.
9) Los Angeles, California: A big rig truck flipped over, caught fire, and burnt to the ground.
Injuries that result because of vehicle-related truck accidents can be severe and life altering. You may have suffered whiplash or burns to your head or neck, have nerve damage or spinal chord paralysis, limb amputation, have broken or dislocated a bone or limb, or even lost the use of a limb. A personal injury to you can ocur on the road even if your vehicle was not directly involved in a collision. If you have been in an automobile accident due to the carelessness or negligence of another driver, you should obtain the advice of a lawyer with experience handling automobile accident cases.
At Lebowitz and Mzhen, We have the experience to properly and effectively represent you, as we have done on behalf of our personal injury clients for many, many years. Our firm understands that your immediate goals after going through such trauma are to get your medical bills paid and covered, make sure you do not suffer financially through any lost wages, and make sure your insurance company will pay for future treatment relating to your injury. Our experienced attorneys will discuss your situation and go over the options available to you, as well as work with insurance companies and other parties involved in your case to make sure all your needs are handled quickly and appropriately.